This recipe for a Borage Summer Cooler is good for calming frazzled nerves and instilling a sense of purpose on the drinker. This could have mixed results depending if you go for the alcoholic or non-alcoholic version, a sense of purpose in someone drinking Vodka can have mixed results, particularly if they can get to eBay.
Borage Summer Cooler
- 3 or 4 young Borage leaves
- 1-2 mint leaves – I have Apple Mint and this is gorgeous, but regular Mint will do fine.
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 cups cold water
- raw honey, to taste
- 4 Borage flowers, to garnish
- Crushed Ice to serve
- A splash of Vodka/Pimms/White Rum/Gin – to taste. Pick one – not all of them.
- Remember Borage tastes like Cucumber.
Put the leaves, juice, water and honey in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain into glasses and garnish with Borage flowers sit back and be ready to feel and calm, determined and focused.