This is a relatively cheap, easy to make but luxurious feeling bath milk. It is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial so is great for psoriasis, eczema and general irritated skin, this is also gentle enough to be safe for children.
- 30g of dried chamomile flowers (do try and get the whole flowers)
- 500ml of sunflower oil
- 20 drops of lavender essentail oil
- 100ml of coconut cream
How to Make;
1. Mix the sunflower oil and chamomile flowers together in a glass bowl. Then heat the mixture over a simmering pan of water. Do this for 1 hour and be careful not to boil the water or that the pan does not boil dry. After 1 hour leave to cool.
2. Once cooled strain the oil and discard the used flowers. Stir in the lavender essential oil. This alone is a wonderful massage or skin oil and will keep for up to 12 months.
3. To turn this into a bath milk, whisk the oil one tablespoon at a time onto the coconut cream, making sure the mixture is fully combined each time.
4. Store the mixture in a bottle and keep in the fridge – it will keep for up to one month. Be generous when using it in the bath, and this is safe for anyone over two.
I used this for my daughter when she had chicken pox and it seemed to help, as well as being very relaxing and smoothing for the skin.
Image is from http://www.ArtistAndrea.com